Finally the wait is over ! Last night Apple has released their next mobile operating system iOS 7 officially. Now you can download and install the iOS 7 on your iDevices. If your device supports it, you are lucky because you can get the new iOS on your device absolutely free of cost. The latest operating system provides you a completely impressive and different user interface,which today’s rivals miss.
Here we are providing you the detailed procedure to update your obsolete iOS into the newest one. Before the process starts we should know some facts. You must only try this only on the supported devices. Now you may thinks which are those supported devices. Don’t worry here is the list of those devices.
- iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5
- iPad 2, 3-rd and 4-th Gen.iPads,iPad mini
- iPod-Touch (5th Gen)
Identify your device from the below image.
How to Install iOS 7 on your Device ?
In fact ,there are two methods to upgrade your device into iOS 7. They are:
- Over-The- Air (OTA)
- Via iTunes
So can we start ? Follow the below steps to accomplish your task easily.
Method 1 : OTA Update
So if you have a Wi-Fi Network, you can upgrade to iOS 7.
- First of all go to Settings >> General >> Software Update and click on the “Download and Install” for the iOS 7.
- After clicking that you have to agree the Apple’s terms and Conditions.
- Once you have downloaded the file successfully, you will be greeted with a install now button. After the update install and your device restarts,you will know that now you are using the iOS 7.
- On the next screen, slide to configure the iOS 7. You will be taken to a series of screens, and just click on continue.
- Now you have to sign in to iCloud by entering your email and password. On the next screen tap on continue.
- Then add a passcode to keep prying eyes away from your data.
- That’s it ! Now you have successfully upgraded your device to iOS 7.
Method 2 : Via iTunes
If you are with your PC with iTunes, its the fastest way to upgrade in to iOS 7.First of all you have to update the iTunes to version 11.1.
- Open iTunes and click on iTunes >> Check for updates to install the latest version.
- Once iTunes is updated, connect you iOS device to your PC.
- Click on your device on the upper right corner if the iTunes and then click update.
- Now a pop-up window will appear, notifying that new iOS 7 is available for update. In that window click on Download and Update button.
- Keep you device connected to the PC until it restarts. After restarting,a greeting message will be displayed on your device.
- Slide on the screen to enter to the configuration process. Here you have to tap through a series of screens to configure settings, including location services, iCloud, iMessage and face time, Find my device and putting a pass code to protect your data.